Tips for Shopping at Farmers Markets
1. Get to know your seasons. Knowing what to expect and what grows in the area makes shopping more efficient.
2. Go early because the early bird does get the worm! You’ll be able to get the best selections, and those limited items that go quickly.
3. Bring big sturdy bags and cash with small change. Transactions with cash or exact change is much easier.
4. Be spontaneous! Sometimes its fun to the leave the shopping list at home, or at least be open to trying something new.
5. Ask an expert. If you find a vegetable new to you, ask the farmer how they like to eat it. You’ll get the best tips!